Database Administrator - PostgreSQL
Brief description :
- Responsible for monitoring, maintaining and providing technical support for enterprise level PostgreSQL databases.
- Handle requests from development and engineering team on a timely basis.
- Vendor co-ordination - work with DB platform provider to resolve issues on a timely basis.
- Assist senior database administrators on critical issues and daily tasks.
- Monitor performance of databases and suggest solutions for performance improvement on a proactive basis.
- Proactively monitor and respond to alerts from database servers and monitoring tools.
- On call support after office hours, if required.
- Monitor database features like high availability, load balancing and replication in PostgreSQL for enterprise level environments.
- Identifying and fixing potential issues in the database on a proactive basis.
- Basic idea on performing migrations from Oracle database to PostgreSQL environment.
- Provide assistance to senior database administrators in tasks like performance tuning, writing complex queries, ad-hoc backups and test restores.
- Provide assistance to senior database administrators on database migrations, upgrades and patch management.
- Experience :1 to 3 Years.
- Experience in providing level 1 for PostgreSQL databases for production environments
- Familiar with providing support to PostgreSQL environments involving clustering and replication
- Experience in writing queries in PostgreSQL as per requirement
- Familiar with migrating PostgreSQL to different platforms
- Experience in providing support to Enterprise level applications using PostgreSQL.
- Good communication skills.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- 24*7 on-call availability and flexibility in working hours.
- Team player and positive attitude.
- Quick learning abilities.