Brief description :
- Diagnose hardware and software problems, and replace defective components.
- Perform data backups and disaster recovery operations.
- Maintain and administer computer networks and related computing environments, including computer hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures in order to protect data, software, and hardware.
- Operate master consoles in order to monitor the performance of computer systems and networks, and to coordinate computer network access and use.
- Perform routine network startup and shutdown procedures, and maintain control records.
- Design, configure, and test computer hardware, networking software and operating system software.
- Recommend changes to improve systems and network configurations, and determine hardware or software requirements related to such changes.
- Confer with network users about how to solve existing system problems.
- Monitor network performance in order to determine whether adjustments need to be made, and to determine where changes will need to be made in the future.
- Load computer tapes and disks, and install software and printer paper or forms.
- Gather data pertaining to customer needs, and use the information to identify, predict, interpret, and evaluate system and network requirements.
- Analyze equipment performance records in order to determine the need for repair or replacement.
- Maintain logs related to network functions, as well as maintenance and repair records.
- Research new technology, and implement it or recommend its implementation.
- Maintain an inventory of parts for emergency repairs.
- Coordinate with vendors and with company personnel in order to facilitate purchases.
Experience : 1.5 to 2 years
Notice period : Immediate joiners preferred
- Minimum 3 years of experience with Windows 2008 / 2012 Server platforms with an emphasis on Active Directory Infrastructure.
- Strong knowledge of Linux, Open Source technologies and Mac OS X Platforms required.
- Experience with databases, networks (LAN, WAN) and patch management
- ITIL concepts strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of system security (e.g. intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery
- Ability to create scripts in Python, Perl or other language
- Strong knowledge of Virtualization/Cloud technologies (VMware/AWS) required
- Familiarity with various operating systems and platforms
- Experience setting up and managing database systems such as MS SQL & PostgreSQL Server.
- Experience in supporting telephone systems such as PRI & VoIP
- Advanced hardware and software troubleshooting skills
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication skills
- BSc/Ba in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline; professional certification (e.g. Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA)) is a plus