Brief description :
The Instructional Designer role is to support the training and development needs of our clients. Is responsible for the design, development, implementation and maintenance of learning and development programs delivered to our clients worldwide. The individual must have a solid understanding of both the technical and instructional design skills required for the development of engaging, effective training programs.
He has to work closely with other members of the team and subject matter experts from the client side on variety of learning programs and materials. The incumbent also assists with the ongoing management and maintenance of existing materials and provides learning support for client teams. The person must have excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills and is able to work both independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced, global environment.
- Use instructional design knowledge and experience to create clear and engaging instructional materials that effectively meet the development needs of employees and the goals of the global organization.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts from all levels within the client organization to translate complex information and concepts into easy-to-understand learning materials that are technically accurate and culturally appropriate.
- Participate in all aspects of training development including the definition of learning outcomes, organization of content and creation of materials.
- Create storyboards, audio and simulation scripts, job aids, scenarios, learning activities, online course content, instructor-led presentations, learning assessments and user guides using sound instructional design theory.
- Assist with review testing of new courses and content to ensure usability in a variety of platforms.
- Upload of newcontent, version control and distribution and maintain learning archive.
- Manage inventory of development resources, including images, user guides, job aids, instructional videos, etc.
- Participate in periodic review and revision of existing courses and materials and apply changes to ensure content, processes and documentation remain relevant and up-to-date. Maintain and manage material update schedule.
- Promote training programs and developmental thinking within the organization. Look for opportunities to enhance the design and delivery of learning solutions.
- Manage project timelines and follow up with internal and external customers.
- Provide back-up support for other members of the team, as required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of current instructional theories and principles applicable to both web-based and mobile devices
- Strong writing, editing and visual design skills. Experience developing creative and engaging training materials in a variety of formats and media.
- Well-developed organizational skills; ability to accomplish multiple tasks through effective prioritization of duties and functions in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated follow-up skills and the ability to manage projects to completion within the agreed upon timeframes.
- Enterprising, diplomatic and proactive problem solver. Ability to interpret customer needs and partner with subject matter experts and individuals, to effectively and professionally achieve results.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and proactive, able to work in a team and independently.
- Demonstrated experience designing and developing online training materials. Experience with PowerPoint HTML, Adobe Creative Suite (specifically InDesign) and Articulate Storyline, strongly preferred.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in instructional design, education or related field preferred
- Minimum of 2-3 years of proven experience developing training in a corporate environment.
- 2 to 3 years of training-related writing experience.
- 2to 3 years of project management experience.
- 2 to 3 years of online training development, preferred.
- Experience working with translated materials.
Shortlisted candidates will be emailed date and time and required to come for an in-person interview to the office. Please submit a link to some of your instructional design work along with resume.