Brief description :
In this role you will be responsible for the deployment and maintenance of a cloud-based enterprise SaaS solution, deploying, automating, maintaining, troubleshooting and improving the systems that keep the backend infrastructure running smoothly, with an emphasis on the implementation of best practice security principles. You will also participate in our agile development process, working closely with other functional groups to ensure that we deliver on a best of class solution for our customers, with maximum efficiency.
Core Role Responsibilities:
- Deploying, automating, maintaining and managing AWS cloud-based production system, to ensure the availability, performance, scalability and security of productions systems.
- Build, release and configuration management of production systems.
- Pre-production Acceptance Testing to help assure the quality of our products/services.
- Automate as much as possible to ensure that developers are never doing repetitive tasks and that the infrastructure is kept up to date as the technology stack evolves.
- System troubleshooting and problem-solving across platform and application domains.
- Suggesting architecture improvements, recommending process improvements.
- Evaluate new technology options and vendor products.
- Ensuring critical system security through the use of best in class cloud security solutions.
Required Skills and Experience:
- AWS: 2+ years’ experience with using a broad range of AWS technologies (e.g. EC2, RDS, ELB, S3, Elastic Search, RabbitMQ, DynamoDB, IAM, CloudWatch, KMS) to develop and maintain an Amazon AWS based cloud solution with 24x7 uptime, with an emphasis on best practice cloud security.
- Web servers: Tomcat, Apache, Nginx etc.
- Scripting & Automation: Strong scripting (e.g. Python) and automation skills. Experience with Ansible Playbook.
- Continuous Integration tools: Jenkins; build tools - Maven and Ant;
- Containerization tools: Docker
- Security principles: Server security, file systems and access control.
- Operating Systems: Windows and Linux system administration. CentOS.
- Monitoring Tools: Experience with system monitoring tools (e.g. Nagios).
- Problem Solving: Ability to analyze and resolve complex infrastructure resource and application deployment issues.
- Networking: Understanding network topologies and common network protocols and services (DNS, HTTP(S), SSH, FTP, SMTP).
- Version Control: Experience administrating version control systems such as Git, SVN.
- DB Skills: Basic DB administration experience (MySQL, PostGreSQL, Oracle)
Desired Skills (Not essential but beneficial to have):
- Agile Methodologies: Experience with Agile software development, project management methodologies.
- B.Tech/B.Sc. in Computer Science or other equivalent technical discipline.
- Systems Administration certifications
Other Core Requirements:
- Professional commitment to high quality, and a passion for learning new skills.
- Detail-oriented individual with the ability to rapidly learn new concepts and technologies.
- Strong problem-solving skills, including providing simple solutions to complex situations.
- Understanding and focus on business outcomes
- Understanding and efficiency in collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional groups;
- Must be a strong team player with the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively in a geographically disperse working environment.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills are essential.