Brief description :
- Maintain correct level of staff to resource varying workload on support, allowing for other support requirements & absence. Publish & Manage the Operations team ROTA.
- Ensure objectives, appraisals & regular 1:1s are completed with direct reports and throughout the teams.
- Ensure engineer development opportunities are available via training & suitable career planning.
- Measure individual engineer performance against team targets agreed & KPIs.
- Mentor and coach other members of the Connectivity Services team, working closely with RM ESI & RM UK to share knowledge & improve 24/7 systems availability.
- Ensure team does Proactive identification and management to resolution of complex and recurring systems and process issues.
- Provides appropriate reports on operational tasks/proactive tasks to managers and senior management in a timely fashion.
- Ensure support escalations & policy decisions are managed appropriately.
- Provide escalation support and guidance.
- Complete support issue trend analysis including.
- Knowledge Library documentation.
Minimum Qualification and Experience
- Should be a graduate with more than 6 years of experience in systems ( networking, Linux or windows ) or systems support.
- Operational Management.
- People Management.
- Knowledge Management & Support Analysis.
- Experience of IP networking, load balancing and routing.
- Exposure to or knowledge of Monitoring tools like Nagios, Cacti, Icinga etc will be an advantage.
- Knowledge of enterprise backup & restore products, such as Commvault or Legato Networker.
- PowerShell scripting, Knowledge in other scripting like VBS, Batch etc.
- Communication & Influencing Skills.
- Good planning, organizing and time management skills.
- Judgment & Decision Making.
- Leadership Skills.