Technical Support Engineer (Networking and Windows)
Brief description :
- Management and resolution of technical issues logged by customers in the U.K.
- Drive improvements in process and culture within the RM group, with a focus on both internal and external customer satisfaction.
- To manage, maintain and develop own technical expertise.
- Contribute to technical support knowledge base.
Minimum Qualification and Experience
- Should be a Graduate with at least 3 to 5 years of work experience in a similar role.
- Configuring and troubleshooting VLANs, switches, routers.
- Familiar with Wireless technologies like Meru, Cisco, Ruckus networks.
- Expertise in Win 2008R2/2012R2 Servers administration.
- Expertise in Virtualization technologies like VMWare, Hyper-V.
- Familiar with storage technologies, SAN and RAID concepts.
- Expertise in Win 2008R2/2012R2 servers, Win 7,8,10 clients.
- Expertise in Active directory, Group Policies, DNS, DHCP, WSUS, WDS, TCP/IP, IIS.
- Experience in managing Antivirus products (Symantec Endpoint Protection, TrendMicro & ophos).
- Expertise in Backup solutions (Symantec backup exec, Windows backup, Veeam, Microsoft DPM).
- Knowledge of remote support tools.
- Exposure to Apple technologies.
- Exposure to basic PowerShell commands.
- Exposure to Windows Remote Desktop Services (RDS) and Citrix XenApp.
- Experience with email solutions Microsoft Exchange 2010/2013 and Office 365.
- Exposure in troubleshooting hardware issues.
- Should be customer focused with an eye on customer satisfaction.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Good planning, organizing & time management skills.
- Must be a team player, energetic with a positive attitude.
- Knowledge of ITIL framework.