PHP - Lead software Engineer
Brief description :
Experience: 5-8 years
Location: Techno park, Trivandrum
This position will be the most important part of a talented technology team. You and your team will be part of a joint-development team with our swiss-based customer. The new created team will develop and maintain a marketing automation product based on PHP/Symphony and a cloud-stack. Following are some of the key aspects that we expect from the team lead
- As a team leader, you are responsible for defining the software architecture and guidelines for the 5-10 developers you will be leading. Our team environment is critical to our success, so you’ll be expected to work effectively in a team, exchanging ideas with the team and be part of the active open-source community around the product.
- You should have knowledge and work experience of all phases of the product life cycle, including engineering specifications, customer requirements gathering, software design and development, testing - including unit, functional, systems and integration. In addition, the operations part of the team must also be covered.
- You are expected to be a leader and an effective communicator to ensure the team understands and respects their ability to deliver. We’ll expect you to be resourceful and innovative, with the ability to quickly and creatively develop solutions to complex business problems, while also providing direction and leadership for your team
- At least 5 years of experience architecting software products
- At least 3 years of experience as a team leader where you were directing and mentoring developers
- Strong knowledge and experience developing on PHP, Symphony, MySQL, Linux and frontend technologies
- Experience in service oriented architectures would be a benefit
- Prepare and conduct code reviews
- Broad experience with iterative development with quick release cycles, such as Agile/SCRUM/TDD methodologies and associated tools
- Provide work estimates for given tasks, assignments
- Code-documentation / implementation documentation creation
- Bug fixing for application / application maintenance
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills in English.