Ruby on Rails Senior Developer
Brief description :
Designation: Senior Software Engineer / Lead Software Engineer
Experience: 3+ years
Location: Technopark, Trivandrum
Minimum Qualification: BE/BTech, MSc/MCA, PGDCA or any equivalent degree
- Participates in an active role during all phases of the SDLC cycle, including developing high level technical designs, database architecture, initial setup etc.
- Self-sufficient in reviewing and analyzing business/functional requirements and creating supporting project/task documentation such as low-level design documents, unit test cases, etc.
- Develop quality Ruby code as per latest best practices and methodologies within defined timelines.
- Develop product & its elements as per specifications received from the client
- Acquire required technical & domain knowledge of the product & its elements
- Maintain good documentation of tasks status
- Act as Development Lead on small initiatives
- Schedule and prioritize tasks to promote efficient use of time and maximize productivity.
- Ensure Code quality and monitor progress against schedule
- Work with Project Managers and other team members to assure accurate timelines and deliverables.
- Relentless commitment to meeting deadlines
- Performing Test driven development/ Behaviour driven development (TDD/BDD) using various tools - e.g.RSpec, Cucumber
- Strong Web programming skills in Ruby, Ruby on Rails.
- Strong understanding of object oriented software design (OOPS Concepts), including MVC frameworks, and an ability to learn and apply new technologies.
- Analyze, design, develop and support complex applications.
- Good sense of logical reasoning.
- Should have strong knowledge in Restful architecture in implementing APIs and using third party APIs in rails application.
- Expertise in working with Mysql, Pgsql databases.
- Clear understanding of JQuery, Bootstrap, Ajax and Json Libraries.
- SVN, Github version control and Rake/Capistrano Experience.
- Experience in Agile Development, TDD/TFD and testing tools.
- Expertise in writing Rspec test cases
- Experience in working with Ruby gems like devise, cancan, haml, paperclip.
- Strong oral, written, and presentation communications skills.
Self-motivated and organized.
Good to have:
- Knowledge on tools like Vagrant, Puppet, New Relic, AirBrake
- Experience in developing in an agile environment with Kanban and Scrum.
- MongoDB or any other NoSQL