Brief description :
We are looking for an experienced Senior CAD Engineer to join our fast-growing Engineering team.
The responsibilities of the Senior CAD Engineer include:
- Planning, checking, directing and assisting with drawing production.
- Assisting with the preparation of technical documentation and reports, simple calculations, bar bending schedules, specifications, quantities etc.
- Maintaining high technical standards, consistent with the project brief under direction from the Engineering team and the CAD manual.
- Strong experience in CAD is a must
- Experience on digitization of CAD from point cloud is preferred
- Ability to use Revit, Sketch up is an advantage
- Maintaining a strong focus on timely delivery.
- Planning and estimating drawing production for less experienced colleagues, and confidently deliver against these plans with appropriate contingency.
- Dealing with project related correspondence, including Client comments and Contractor queries.
- Convey principles and sketches using hand drawn techniques and SketchUp etc. type software.
- Prepare 3D drawings, rendered and or photo-montaged images as necessary.
- Research and interpret existing/old/historical as built data.
- Deal with 3D survey data, point cloud information, non-metric (ie: imperial) data is very important Experience needed for this post.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of AutoCAD
- Able to work with sub-contractors and to maintain project
- Excellent knowledge of reinforcement and steelwork detailing.
- Excellent knowledge of Microstation and ProjectWise. (Advantageous.)
The successful candidate should meet the following requirements:
- Draughtsman with D.Arch/ D.Civil with experience of 8 to 10 years
- B Tech Civil with 6 years experience
- Candidate should have 3 to 4 years experience with international consultants.
- Knowledge of British Standards/Euro codes.
- Good communication skills dealing with Engineers, other Technicians, the wider project team, suppliers of proprietary products/equipment etc.
- Developing and sharing best practice.
- Experience of Building Information Modelling (BIM) advantageous.
- Client focused approach to service delivery
- Desire to coach, mentor and motivate less experienced staff.
- Desire to continuously develop and refine existing skills and acquire new technical competence to enhance team capability.