Linux Support Engineer
Brief description :
SubHosting Innovations Pvt Ltd is looking for talented and passionate Linux Support Engineers who will provide great customer support and solutions to its managed hosting clients all over the world.
A Linux Support Engineer will be part of our managed hosting support team and will be responsible for interacting with customers, analyzing their requests, providing solutions and fixes and keeping the hosting infrastructure up and running 24x7 using cutting-edge technologies.
A Linux Support Engineer has following responsibilities:
1) Interact with customers using helpdesk, email and chat to identify their requirements, design solutions and implement it on servers.
2) Maintain high levels of productivity and competency.
3) Engage with team manager and fellow engineers to distribute workload.
4) Contribute to documentation and knowledge sharing efforts.
5) Adhere to the policies and procedures of the company.
Following are required and desirable skills / qualifications for a Linux Support Engineer:
1) Thorough knowledge of Linux operating system and Red Hat based Linux distributions.
2) Fundamental knowledge of server hardware and software.
3) Advanced knowledge of DNS, basic knowledge of networking and ability to use related diagnostic tools available in Linux.
4) Mastery of web server technologies such as Apache, Nginx, MySQL and PHP, MTAs such as Exim, Postfix etc.
5) Mastery of cPanel hosting control panel configuration.
6) Knowledge of NoSQL technologies, shell scripting and Python programming are desirable.
7) Ability to communicate with customers and co-workers in a professional and effective manner in a positive and negative situations.
8) Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner and to use time for other business activities when volume of regular activities are low.
9) At least 1 to 3 years of working experience in Linux web hosting environment.
No. of working days in a week: 5
Available shifts: 6AM - 2PM, 2PM - 10PM, 10PM - 6AM
How to apply
Send your updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org along with expected CTC and notice period.
More about us: https://www.subhosting.net/about-us