Brief description :
Job Openings: - Voice Engineer
Experience Preferred: - 4 Years – 8 Years
Educational Qualification: - Graduate in Engineering Field.
Roles & Responsibilities: -
This role is responsible for the monitoring, ongoing improvement, and management of the core voice infrastructure for consumer and small business services.
Key accountabilities :-
• Reporting to the Infrastructure Operations Manager, your key responsibility is to support and maintain our customer facing voice platform including all break fix, vendor support, core functionality and improvements.
• You will support our Level 1 and 2 NOC team in learning and applying the fundamentals of voice engineering, allowing them to triage and respond to standard support/troubleshooting requests.
• You will create and maintain support documentation including troubleshooting and escalation guides.
• Maintain our total availability SLA of >99%.
• Maintain stability and usability of VoipSwitch platform by monitoring (using VoipMonitor) for alerts,performance and unusual activities.
• Support corporate customers with Cisco CUCM, UCCX capabilities.
Key Skills: -
Strong knowledge and understanding of the Cisco voice platforms (CUCM, UCCX, Finesse etc) is mandatory – Minimum CCNPV, CCIE highly desirable.
• Strong experience with SIP VoIP protocols including call signaling codes and processes
• Strong understanding of VoIP codecs and transcoding procedures, SIP packets (especially SDP payloads), SIP registration processes, toll fraud prevention techniques and ATA management.
• Expert understanding of using Wireshark (or similar) to open PCAP traces and reconstruct calls
• Strong client-facing, internal written and verbal communication skills
• Strong organisational skills including attention to detail
• Good understanding of Linux Ubuntu/Centos
• Proven experience in securing systems and applications in compliance with PCI-DSS
• Highly developed technical knowledge, analytical and conceptual skills with the proven ability to adapt to new situations and develop highly creative solutions to complex network/voice problems.
Mandatory Skills :-