Brief description :
System Administrator responsibilities:
- Provide technical support for both hardware and software issues
- Manage the configuration and operation of computer operating systems
- Monitor the system daily and respond immediately to security or usability concerns
- Create and verify backups of data.
- Respond to and resolve help desk requests from Customers and internal team members.
- Upgrade systems and processes as required for enhanced functionality and security issue resolution
- Administrate infrastructure, including firewalls, databases, malware protection software and other processes.
- Review application logs
- Ensuring data is stored securely and backed up regularly.
- To keep records of assets, including hardware and software types, counts, and licenses.
- Infrastructure management and monitoring.
- Deep experience in root cause analysis and fixing issues with production systems.
- Manage Linux VM on cloud.
- Configuring web servers like Apache, Nginx, Apache-Tomcat.
- Any other request from organizations related to system Administration and DevOps.
- Examples of System Administrator skills
- 2+ years’ experience in system administration
- Basic experience with VMware
- Advanced knowledge of system vulnerabilities and security issues
- Ability to respond to help desk requests after hours on a limited basis
- Any Graduate, B.Tech, BCA
1. Bachelor (4-year) degree, with a technical major, such as engineering or computer
2. Systems Administration/System Engineer certification in Unix and Microsoft.
3. Minimum 2 years system administration experience.
Key skill to have
- Experience in working in LInux.
- Experience in Configuring Web servers like Apache, NginX , Apache - Tomcat.
- Knowledge in Database Administration.
- Cloud Server Management
- Knowledge In Server Security: Hardening, Deny Hosts, Security hardening web servers.
- Server configuration , installation and Optimisation
- AWS Server security , JIT