Senior FX Artist
Brief description :
Experience: 4+ Years
Skill Set: Maya and Houdini
Job Location: Technopark, Trivandrum – Kerala
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE:
• The position of Senior FX Artist requires someone with a thorough knowledge of 3D software regarding effects such as Particles, PyroFX, Flip fluids, Dynamic collisions and Fracturing.
• Successful applicants will have excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work collaboratively with multiple tasks in a fast-paced production.
• They will have a well-developed artistic 'eye' and an excellent working knowledge of effects design for stylised animation. The successful applicant will have a solid grounding in Maya and Houdini Software
Key Areas of responsibilities:
• Establish key FX set-ups for the project working closely with the art Director/3D Supervisor to set the required look.
• Create reusable FX Assets ensuring they adhere to the FX pipeline and meet the art director’s visual requirements.
• Work close with Production on FX Asset Breakdowns and shot assignments.
• Train Junior FX Artists on the project.
• Must have 6 plus years of experience working as an FX artist (or similar position) in either broadcast or feature film work.
• Must have an excellent working knowledge of FX in Maya and Houdini
• Task Driven, self-motivated, and proactive.
• Knowledge of Python is considered a big plus.
• Must have a good “eye” and a thorough understanding of light, colour, contrast, shading, and FX design
• Ability to train Junior Artists on the project