Brief description :
Senior Legal Officer
We are looking for an experienced Senior Legal Officer to ensure that all legal operations are carried on smoothly and effectively. You will be responsible for developing legal documents and providing sound advice to senior management on all related subjects. You will provide specialised legal advice and counselling to a growing & evolving business with high regulatory complexity. You will be responsible for Identifying and analysing legal risks and opportunities and proposing potential solutions to the business partner or Legal management. Ensures adherence to given legal policies and processes and reporting obligations by advising & handholding if necessary.
· Drafting, vetting, and negotiating all sorts of contracts prevalent in the media and entertainment industry
· Drafting of notices, legal replies, letters, etc. as required from time to time.
· Advising and strategizing with the business team to bring negotiations to a quick closure
· Liaise with external as well as internal stakeholders.
· Providing general legal advice on business and commercial issues including safeguarding the company's intellectual property.
· Providing legal advice on labour and employment issues.
· Build and cultivate key internal stakeholder relationships to better understand business needs and provide accurate, timely legal support to various business units of the Organisation.
· Knowledge of the regulatory regime in content creation and exploitation, latest advancements in the media and entertainment field, and legal observations pertaining thereto.
· Should have excellent research and analytical skills and should be able to exercise judgment and discretion to opine on compliance/ legal issues effectively.
· Knowledge of the Copyright Act
· Conducting Trademark search and drawing analysis.
· Providing legal advice on registering and protecting trademarks in multiple jurisdictions.